You can use gNappies full time, when you’re at home, when you’re running to the shops, or even on holiday. Here are a couple of tips to keep in mind.
For short trips out of the house:
- Bring 2 extra gPants with you, pre-loaded with your choice of insert. We recommend using Disposable Inserts when out and about for the convenience of disposability.
- Keep a wet bag in your nappy bag. Use this to store soiled gPants, pouches, or Cloth Inserts, until you get home and can add them to the laundry.
- For Disposable Inserts, put solid waste in a toilet, as you would with any nappy. Dispose of soiled Disposable Inserts in the bin.
- For Cloth Inserts, put solid waste in a toilet, as you would with any nappy. Wrap the soiled cloth insert in a wet bag to bring home for washing.
- If you aren’t near a toilet, you can wrap the entire gPants into a ball, securing the closure tabs around itself, to keep the mess contained until you are home.
For longer trips or holiday:
- Bring 6-8 gPants with you, the same you would have in your regular rotation.
- Bring extra waterproof pouches. Sometimes the gPants will stay clean, but the pouch will be soiled. Pouches can be rinsed out and air dried if laundry facilities aren’t accessible. Have extra pouches to use while others are drying.
- Babies’ toilet habits can change during travel. Some babies require more frequent changes, while others don’t. Plan on 8-10 nappy changes a day and bring enough inserts (plus a buffer for "just in case" moments) to last you the duration of your trip.